Friday, November 24

Friday Fantasy

Blogging memes are often annoying, perhaps because most of them are merely rehashed email memes. Those personal quizzes asking about your favorite color (blue or black) or which albums you'd take with you on a desert isle (Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads) have been done to death.

But...

A recent series of posts by Richard generated a little spark of curiousity - suppose we created a meme more tailored for adults, specifically, a more sexually themed meme? Not something in the 20 QUestions format, but perhaps something more readable, something to look forward to. We've already got HNT - Half-Naked Thursdays (which origins I've still not been able to pin down), so to wind us up for the weekend, perhaps something along the same lines might work.

Accordingly, I propose the "Friday Fantasy".

While graphic erotica is certainly appreciated, I'm thinking that perhaps - as in HNT - just a snapshot, a quickie paragraph or two outlining a desire, wish, or a current favorite. Maybe it's even something that you've done, or almost done. Or maybe it's a situation that started one way, but you wish it had gone somewhere else. Anything, as long as it's a description of something that grabs your interest.

For example...

We're laying on the couch watching a movie, Linda's legs up on my lap so I can rub her feet. The commercial break comes, and she turns to me, her eyes glinting. "The polish on my toenails is really chipped and cracked. I'd really love it if you removed the old stuff." Hurriedly, I gather up a towel, a bag of cotton balls, polish remover, and an emery stick. By the time the movie is back on, we're settled back into our positions, only I'm gently rubbing the wet cotton balls over her toenails. It takes a few minutes, but I manage to get the red out of the cracks and crevices. I dry them off, and although she didn't ask, I buff down the rough edges with the emery. Another commercial break makes me realize that I hadn't been paying attention to the movie at all. Soon, I'm rubbing a soothing lotion around her toes and feet.

By the time the movie ends, her feet have been rubbed and smoothed, and she's feeling relaxed. "C'mon," she tells me as she gets to her feet, "I've got some other areas that need attention, too."

5 comments:

  1. I did not know there was going to be a writing assignment. Flashback to High School "Susan when was this assignment given? It’s really easier for Lady Julia and I to just post pictures of naked men. Would we get partial credit for that?

    I'll see what I can do. Might be Fantasy Saturday/Sundayish:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked with the judges. Pics of naked men in artsy B&W poses are acceptable; moreso if you write a sentence or two about your thoughts.

    Pics of Wilford Brimley or Charles Durning, however, will get you demerits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One one of my earlier sites (queerpopculture.com) I used to post old erotica paperbacks cover and write about the cover art. It was lots of fun for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm Friday Fantasy has potential but I would have to write about things that have happened to me. Because I am a terrible at making things up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Richard - that sounds like fun. A few paragrapsh imagining what was going on in the scene based on the cover art?

    Cat - Replays of old stuff is great. But I can't believe that you suffer from lack of imagination. Don't think of it as "making things up", but as "thinking up stuff you'd like to try."

    ReplyDelete