Sunday, December 3

Like I'd have trouble finding more than six...

So, I'm minding my own business, just reading my favorite blogs and checking out unread links, when the email comes in:

Bonnie said...

sorry but you've been tagged
Blame Saratoga he started it LOL


Tom Allen said...

Bonnie, doesn't it count that Cat tagged me the other day with this very same meme?




Right. Like I can't find six more weird things about me.

Okay, here goes:

  1. I have a phobia about visiting the dentist - but it's motivated me to take fantastic care of my teeth so I don't have to worry about cavities, etc. I brush, floss, rinse, scrape, and clean way, way more than the average person. When I get my teeth cleaned they're always amazed at how little they need to do.

  2. I love animals... outside where Mother Nature put them. I'm not a pet person, although I understand that people enjoy them. But I dislike zoos and circuses, and I don't like to see animals taught to do tricks. I feel badly for the Shamu trainer that got hurt, but for cryin' out loud kids - it's a killer whale. And frankly, I don't want the responsibility of taking care of an animal.

  3. I get a touch of obsession when I'm first learning about something, especially if I find I'm enjoying it. I'll spend hours researching things so I can bring myself up to speed in a short amount of time. Likewise, if I have to visit a strange city on a trip, I'll dig up everything I can so I won't seem like a noob.

  4. I'm one of those rare people that can have a cigarette once in a while without getting addicted. I'll have a few if I'm drinking with the guys. I might have a couple at work on coffee breaks. Interestingly, several other of my family members are like that as well. I don't understand how people get addicted to them, actually.

  5. I rarely turn on the TV. The exceptions are usually when I'm home sick (rare) or to watch a Twilight Zone marathon, or a particular Sci-Fi or horror movie. For example, right now the family is out and I'm tuned into "Van Helsing."

  6. Dark chocolate, if you please. Put me in a warehouse of milk chocolate, and I won't touch it. But Hershey's Special Dark? Or some of those slightly bitter Italian chocolates? I often get some at Xmas and will nibble a little bit every day for a few weeks.

5 comments:

  1. OPPPS I'm so sorry for tagging you again LOL but I'm glad to see you posted more. Nice to see your a good sport *Grins*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twice in one week, hehehe. Maybe we should tag you for 6 more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still waiting for something actually weird to show up in this meme.

    Your number four is the closest I've come and I really, really do envy you for that ability.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh number 2--I have an inner conflict with this--my angel tells me to think like you, but the devil in me tells me the opposite. I usually end up at Sea World, the zoo, the circus just because I find it fascinating, but I have a nagging feeling about it the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Richard - in some ways, the mundane can be even more weird than the outre.

    I've been following this meme for the last week, and I've seen responses from people who have balance their foods a certain way, stack things just so, or do other things that are just a teeny bit off center, or in such a way that seems to approach an OCD.

    These are normal behaviors for many people, but for those of us who don't do them, they're just "off" enough to make us blink and say "Oh. That's odd."

    Nanette, I went to the San Diego Zoo, and was very impressed by the entire setup. I understand that some zoos serve as valuable research areas, and I approve of that. I've been to Seaworld, and it's impressive to watch the trainers work.

    That said, I don't like the idea of people training animals for entertainment. The same goes for people who treat animals like protoplasm-filled stuffed animals. And don't even get me started on people in small houses who "crate train" their dogs.

    ReplyDelete